1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing relevant information that are downloaded by access devices (computer, mobile/smartphone or tablet), via the internet browser, when a website is visited by the user's device.
Frequently, the placement of cookies will be indispensable for the functioning of the website, in other circumstances, it will help the website to recognise the user's device the next time they visit.
This facility allows the recognition of the user's device when visiting the site and the respective configuration parameters and the consequent establishment of secure and private sessions, as well as the due prevention of any attempt at unauthorised access.
The cookies used by Kaiser Properties are intended to improve the performance and experience of users, retaining only information related to their preferences and are essential to provide you with a seamless experience. The cookies used by the websites made available by Kaiser Properties store generic information, namely:
- Users' form of access;
- Location/country of access;
- How the websites are used;
- User preferences.
Cookies are used on the Kaiser Properties websites for the following purposes:
- To allow the registration of data of the users' devices, respective configuration parameters and ensure proper prevention of any unauthorised access attempt;
- To guarantee the privacy of any private area;
- To collect information about which pages are most relevant to users;
- Store marketing information, browsing history and other preferences to improve the user experience and contact with Kaiser Properties;
- Assess the effectiveness of advertising and promotional campaigns, in order to increase their performance.
2.2. Changing allowed cookies
The user may, at any time and through his/her Internet browser, decide to be notified about the receipt of cookies, as well as block their entry into his/her system.
3. Types of cookies
Each cookie used has a function, falling within one of the following categories:
- Strictly necessary -These cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the website and cannot be disabled by the user. They are generally set only in response to actions performed by the user, which is equivalent to a service request, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling out forms. It is possible to configure your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store information that can identify you.
- Performance (including data transfers to the US) - These cookies are used to analyse how users use the site, allowing us to highlight articles or services that may be of interest to users, as well as to monitor the performance of the site by learning which pages are most popular, which method of linking pages is most effective or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies are used only for the purposes of creation and statistical analysis and never collect personal information. Thus, Kaiser Properties can provide a high quality experience by customizing its offer and quickly identify and correct any error.
- Functional - These cookies allow the user's preferences regarding navigation on the site to be remembered. As such, you do not need to reconfigure and personalise it each time you visit. These cookies may be set by Kaiser Properties or by third parties whose services have been added to the Kaiser Properties pages. Third party sites are not covered by this policy. If you disable these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Marketing - These cookies may be set through the site by advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to create a profile of your interests and show relevant adverts on other sites. No personal information is stored, but these cookies are based on the unique identification of your browser and device accessing the Internet. If you disable these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Your consent also allows us to transfer certain data to our partners for processing in the USA (e.g. Google). There is no adequacy decision by the European Commission for the US and despite the most comprehensive measures, the high level in terms of data protection available in the EU cannot be guaranteed in the US. The data transferred presents the following risks: it may not be deleted or may be processed for other purposes, there may be disproportionate access to your data by US authorities and you may not be able to effectively exercise your rights in the US. You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.